Wood Boiler System Types:
- Woodchip (fully automated fuel handling, semi-automated fuel handling)
- Cogeneration or combined heat and power (CHP)
For more in-depth information on woodchip, pellet, and cordwood boiler systems, see BERC's publication Wood Boiler Systems: Overview.
See also Particulate Matter Emissions-Control Options for Wood Boiler Systems.
Applications for Biomass:
- College & university campuses
- Public buildings
- Single & multi-facility buildings
- Community district energy
- Commercial buildings
- Office complexes
- Hotels & motels
- Industrial/manufacturing sites
- Forest products industry facilities
- Medium- to large-scale agricultural operations